Children across American will be sad soon. McDonald’s has decided to eliminate half of the deliciously greasy french fries from its classic American dish, the Happy Meal. That’s right. No more entire boxes of french fries for America’s youths (and grown adults who happen to like Happy Meal toys).
In recent years, McDonald’s has decreased its portions. A few years ago, a box of fries would have been filled to the brim with tasty artery cloggers. Go to McDonald’s today, and see for yourself: a major decrease in fries. This has all been part of its ongoing campaign to offer healthier options to its customers. Lately, concerned parents and members of local governments have put the pressure on Happy Meals.
Instead of a full serving of french fries, McDonalds will now offer a side dish in its Happy Meals. It might include apples, carrots, raisins, mandarin oranges or pineapple slices.
This, of course, doesn’t mean a particularly indulgent parent can’t order a side of fries to compensate (hint, hint).
Add Widgets (Content Sidebar)
This is your Content Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Content Sidebar area.
Like Vox on Facebook
- Kendyl on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Jc on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Julie kelly on The CoMo Cookbook: Geisha Sushi Bar
- Amber Archer on Piper Kerman, author of “Orange is the New Black,” came to Mizzou, talked about prisons
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories