If you’re bored this weekend, it will be your own fault…Columbia’s pulling out all the stops with a free Jason DeRülo concert on Rollins St., brutally honest comedian KT Tatara at the Vu, the longest-running musical The Fantasticks at Arrow Rock Lyceum Theatre and more! Check out the Vox calendar for a complete listing of upcoming events.
On another note:
Ever wonder where the umlaut came from in the hip-hop artist’s name? After all, DeRülo is from Miami, not Germany. According to an exclusive interview with Hollyoaks Music Show, the 21-year-old changed the spelling of his real name, Desrouleaux, to make it easier for people to pronounce. Pretty smart, if you ask me- we already know how Missourians like to give French names a Missouri twist, like the town of Versailles, Missouri (pronounced fur-SAILS) or Gamaliel (pronounced go-MAIL-ya). Would have liked to hear what people would have done with Desrouleaux– Da-Rolex?
Add Widgets (Content Sidebar)
This is your Content Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Content Sidebar area.
Like Vox on Facebook
- Kendyl on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Jc on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Julie kelly on The CoMo Cookbook: Geisha Sushi Bar
- Amber Archer on Piper Kerman, author of “Orange is the New Black,” came to Mizzou, talked about prisons
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories