The American Association of University Women in partnership with the Columbia Public Library will host author Bambi Shen for a reading of her book The Uncrushable Rose.
Uncrushable Rose is the memoir of Shen’s life in Saigon as the child of a Chinese diplomat. Shen will speak about her experiences, as described in the book, trying to escape the confines of a steeply traditional Chinese culture and overcome the challenges she faced in a patriarchal society .
Shen is an author, teacher, public speaker and interpreter. She works to inspire women to become a memorable presence in the world and to support each others endeavors.
The reading is in celebration of Women’s History Month, and copies will be available for purchase and signing.
Where: Boone County Library, Friends Room
When: Tuesday, March 20, 7 p.m.
Add Widgets (Content Sidebar)
This is your Content Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Content Sidebar area.
Like Vox on Facebook
- Kendyl on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Jc on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Julie kelly on The CoMo Cookbook: Geisha Sushi Bar
- Amber Archer on Piper Kerman, author of “Orange is the New Black,” came to Mizzou, talked about prisons
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories