Bleu Restaurant & Wine Bar moved from its previous location at 29 S. Eighth St. to Boone Tavern’s old space at 811 E. Walnut St. a little more than a week ago.
In this short time, Bleu owner Travis Tucker has made sizeable progress toward the target reopening date of April 1.
The new location is larger than the former one, which means Bleu will be able to accommodate 250 people, including groups, instead of 94.
“Having more space is something we definitely wanted,” Tucker says. “We now have private banquet facilities as well as a courtyard.”
As for what will become of Boone Tavern, Tucker says that it will not completely go away but that the current owner is ready to retire.
Bleu will make some decorating changes, such as new carpet and different fixtures. However, the restaurant will retain the old walnut wood and stained glass.
“We want to maintain the charm of the Tavern space, but we’ll make it wholly Bleu with the ambiance,” he says. “It will be Bleu as people have known it with a new, more casual lounge.”
- Entrepreneur Jina Yoo recognized as a “Rising Star”
- La Siesta to open a new location
- Storify: MU students volunteer their Saturday to Caring for Columbia
- Photo Slideshow: Color Dash 5K in Columbia
- Storify: Tornado warning was Columbia’s first in 2014
- Celebrating Women in Columbia for Women’s History Month
Add Widgets (Content Sidebar)
This is your Content Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Content Sidebar area.
Like Vox on Facebook
- Kendyl on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Jc on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Julie kelly on The CoMo Cookbook: Geisha Sushi Bar
- Amber Archer on Piper Kerman, author of “Orange is the New Black,” came to Mizzou, talked about prisons
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories