Anyone who has walked past Shakespeare’s on Elm street in the last three days noticed the giant, cracking egg? It’s hard not to. I’ve wondered all week what it’s all about and I’ve finally found some answers.
What you need to know:
1. It’s a promotional campaign for a new app called nudj created by a marketing company, Momentum Worldwide. There is also a twitter handle, @nudjknows that is part of the campaign, but the feed tries to keep it ambiguous.
2. If you scan the QR code (the question mark) on the egg it will let you download the free app. With the app you will be “nudj’d.” Take that as you will.
3. The app gives you “deals” (hence the “What’s the deal” sign by the egg) or electronic coupons for wherever you are based on your mobile device’s location. The app claims that it is not a daily deal or another mobile coupon app. I was told it was one of it’s kind and it claims to have promotions that are happening RIGHT NOW! Currently for Columbia only 4 of the 11 categories actually have deals in them, but I’m told that there will be an update to the app soon that will fix some glitches. Do you think there will be more coupons then too?
4. It’s a penguin egg. Not sure why yet. Any guesses? When you download the app there is a penguin on it and there is a white tarp at the bottom that represents ice. While the men standing in front of the egg wouldn’t confirm this fact when I voiced this assumption they kept telling me how smart I was. “There are a lot of penguins in Columbia,” one of the men joked.
5. Saturday would be a good day to be around downtown. The egg cracks a little more each day. I asked when it was going to hatch and was told they didn’t know the incubation period. But when I guessed Friday they asked me if I’d be around Saturday. I said I’d be at the MU football game. But the men informed me that time before and after the game does exist…hint hint.
- La Siesta to open a new location
- Café Poland opens with Eastern European food
- Iranian artist Zeinab Chaichi Raghimi displays work in “Echoes of the Voiceless” exhibit
- Archie Powell & The Exports/ The Noise FM/ The Dorians at The Bridge
- Morli Wilcox studio opening at Artlandish First Friday
- True/False buskers serenade ticket buyers
Add Widgets (Content Sidebar)
This is your Content Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Content Sidebar area.
Like Vox on Facebook
- Kendyl on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Jc on The unfortunately large world of inappropriate selfies
- Julie kelly on The CoMo Cookbook: Geisha Sushi Bar
- Amber Archer on Piper Kerman, author of “Orange is the New Black,” came to Mizzou, talked about prisons
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories